OQS has been used to support research in the following papers and technical standards from OQS team members and others.
- PQFabric: A permissioned blockchain secure from both classical and quantum attacks, by Bhargav Das, Amelia Holcomb, Michele Mosca, and Geovandro C. C. F. Pereira.
- Post-quantum TLS without handshake signatures, by Peter Schwabe, Douglas Stebila, and Thom Wiggers. ACM CCS 2020.
- Benchmarking post-quantum cryptography in TLS, by Christian Paquin, Douglas Stebila, and Goutam Tamvada. PQCrypto 2020.
- Prototyping post-quantum and hybrid key exchange and authentication in TLS and SSH, by Eric Crockett, Christian Paquin, and Douglas Stebila. NIST 2nd Post-Quantum Cryptography Standardization Conference, August, 2019.
- Post-quantum key exchange for the Internet and the Open Quantum Safe project, by Douglas Stebila and Michele Mosca. Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) 2016.
- Frodo: Take off the ring! Practical, quantum-secure key exchange from LWE, by Joppe Bos, Craig Costello, Léo Ducas, Ilya Mironov, Michael Naehrig, Valeria Nikolaenko, Ananth Raghunathan, and Douglas Stebila. ACM CCS 2016.
- Hybrid key exchange in TLS 1.3, by Douglas Stebila, Scott Fluhrer, and Shay Gueron. IETF Internet-Draft, 2020.
- Post-quantum public key algorithms for the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol, by Panos Kampanakis, Douglas Stebila, Markus Friedl, Torben Hansen, and Dimitrios Sikeridis. IETF Internet-Draft, 2020.
- Post-Quantum Authentication in TLS 1.3: A Performance Study, by Dimitrios Sikeridis, Panos Kampanakis, and Michael Devetsikiotis. NDSS 2020.
- Towards Quantum-Safe VPNs and Internet, by Maran van Heesch, Niels van Adrichem, Thomas Attema, and Thijs Veugen. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2019.
- Two PQ Signature Use-cases: Non-issues, challenges and potential solutions, by Panos Kampanakis and Dimitrios Sikeridis. 7th ETSI/IQC Quantum Safe Cryptography Workshop 2019.
If you make use of liboqs and would like to cite it in an academic paper, we suggest the following:
Douglas Stebila, Michele Mosca. Post-quantum key exchange for the Internet and the Open Quantum Safe project. In Roberto Avanzi, Howard Heys, editors, Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) 2016, LNCS, vol. 10532, pp. 1–24. Springer, October 2017. https://openquantumsafe.org